ITC conference grant
ITC conference grant
PRESENTATIONS AT CONFERENCES ORGANISED BY THIRD PARTIES
ITC Conference consists in a presentation of the own work given by a Young Researcher and Innovator affiliated in an Inclusiveness Target Country / Near Neighbour Country for their participation in high-level conferences fully organized by a third party, i.e. not organized nor co-organized by the COST Action.
• Serve COST Excellence and Inclusiveness Policy;
• Support Young Researchers and Innovators affiliated in a legal entity in an Inclusiveness Target Countries/Near Neighbour Countries to establish a strong network and increase their visibility in the research community through sharing their work and to gain knowledge;
• Can contribute to increasing visibility of the Action. ITC Conference benefit to:
• ITC Conference Grantee: receives support for attending and presenting their work (poster/oral presentation) at a conference and can establish new contacts for future collaborations.
ITC CONFERENCE GRANTS FOR EARLY CAREER INVESTIGATORS AND PHD STUDENTS
ITC Conference Grants are aimed at supporting ECI and PhD students from Participating ITC to attend international science and technology related conferences on the topic of the Action that are not organised by the COST Action.
ITC CONFERENCE GRANTS– ELIGIBILITY
The following eligibility criteria apply:
- Conference Grants are exclusively reserved for PhD students and ECI’s with a primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC.
- The applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference in question and must be listed in the official event/conference programme. The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / speech at the approved conference must be on the topic of the Action and must acknowledge COST (see Section 10).
- The participation of each applicant must be pre-approved by the Action MC. Attendance at European conferences is preferred. However, conferences held elsewhere can also be considered.
EVALUATION AND SELECTION OF APPLICANTS
The evaluation of each received Conference Grant application is performed by the Action’s MC. The Action Chair (or Vice-Chair if the Action Chair is affiliated to the Grant Holder Institution) or an appointed Coordinator / Committee can assume this responsibility if the Action’s MC gives them the mandate to perform this task on their behalf. The evaluation criteria defined by the Action’s MC should be communicated to all potential applicants. The selection of successful applicants must be done so in consideration of the scientific scope of the proposed participation and how it will support the Action in achieving its scientific objectives.
ITC CONFERENCE GRANTS – FINANCIAL SUPPORT
A Conference Grant is a fixed financial contribution which takes into consideration the budget request of the applicant and the outcome of the evaluation of the application by the delegated person(s). Conference Grants do not necessarily cover all of the expenses related to participating in a given conference. A Conference Grant is a contribution to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the selected Grantee. The calculation of the financial contribution for each Conference Grant must respect the following criteria: Up to a maximum of EUR 2 500 in total can be afforded to each successful applicant; Up to a maximum of EUR 160 per day can be afforded for accommodation and meal expenses. Up to a maximum of EUR 500 can be claimed for the conference fees to be incurred by the selected Grantee. In addition, when meal and accommodation expenses are supported by the hosting institution as part of the provisions offered in their conference package, the amount for subsistence afforded to each eligible participant must be deducted from the Grant. Documentary evidence of the conference fee amount must be provided by the applicant and in kind, must be archived by the Grant Holder along with the relevant administrative documents.
APPROVING ITC CONFERENCE GRANTS FOR PAYMENT
The Grantee has 30 calendar days from the end date of the Conference in question to submit a scientific report to the Action Chair (or Vice-Chair if the Action Chair is affiliated to the Grant Holder Institution) and the Action’s Grant Holder.